Dear Alpha Montessori Families,
Alpha Montessori School is carefully monitoring the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will be updating this website regularly to share information about the School’s preparations and responses.
Our Health and Safety Practices
We are closely following guidance from the CDC, as well as state and local officials and health authorities, as we take extreme care to maintain our safe, healthy school environment for children, families, and staff. We have enhanced our already rigorous health protocols, such as:
- Protective Masks: We have provided protective face coverings for all staff members to wear when working at school with children.
- Sanitizing Station: We have provided an area for students to sanitize their shoes and their clothing.
- Taking Temperatures: We’re now screening all staff members and children upon arrival at school to check for raised temperatures or evident symptoms.
- Limited Classroom Access: To curb the spread of germs and control group size, we are having parents and family members remain in common areas of the center only.
- Wellness Checks: Regular wellness checks are being conducted throughout the day. The parents of unwell children are notified immediately, to help stop the spread of illness.
- Safe (and Still Healthy) Dining: Family-style dining has been eliminated and we are now only serving pre-plated meals to children.
- Enhanced Health Practices: We’ve strengthened our existing cleanliness and hygiene practices (including more frequent hand washing; cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and items in classrooms).
The goal of these documents is to provide a better understanding of the circumstances for which the School is preparing, as varied as they may be, and how we are thinking and strategizing around them in order to best meet the needs of our students and families